Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Running

So, for a long time now I’ve loved running (or really slow jogging in my case). I enjoy it as a form of exercise and way to just be outside. I’ve ran by myself and I’ve had running partners.
When my sister (outdoorsy sister) and I lived together (like when I was in college and she was in high school) we ran together. I ran in high school with friends, and before Little C I was running with a fellow co-worker (baker mama, mom of baby O). 
Secretly for awhile now I’ve wanted to run a half marathon- 26 miles is way to scary right now! I actually decided to get serious about this endeavor and luckily just moved in next door to an amazing person, mom of four, and someone who likes to run in the mornings! Well, I hopped right on that and asked if I could run with her. She runs at 5:45 am!! With a few other women about 4 miles! Umm, yeah I’m not quite ready for that. But being the awesome person she is she said she would run with me at my pace one day a week. Bless her. So, we run Friday mornings.
Just recently, as in this week, Stress Case and I started running together, yeah! It was her idea to do a Couch 2 5k program and it was the best idea ever. When she said that, I felt like my want of running a half marathon was in reach. My thoughts were maybe do two 5ks then a 10k and work myself up to 13 miles next year. Well folks, Week 1 of the nine week C25k program will be completed tomorrow and on Memorial Day I will be running in my first 5k!! I am so excited! Thank you to Stress Case and all those other people that agreed to run (ahem, jog/walk occasionally) with me over the years.

1 comment:

Sylvia C. Hall said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your 'cutest pregnant lady' comment was like gold to me!

Good luck with your running stuff. Get it girl!
My sis is a runner. I, am not. I am a walker. :)

Looking forward to visiting some more...!
Sylvia

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved