Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Reads

I'm moving right along on my book-a-month challenge! You get all the updates here. I started with a book I had already read once before that I knew I liked. This helped go through the book again and also gave me a comparison between a book and a kindle

I originally said I would not give book reviews and I still plan not to, however I will give my review of the kindle. I sort of always wanted one, but was a little scared that I may not like it. I'm kind of in love with books, 
like real books,
books you can smell, 
books you can touch and turn the pages.

Not sure if I really was surprised since I was fascinated with e-readers, but I L.O.V.E. my kindle.  Like, really love it. Let me just say that it is awesome to read. 

As soon as I finished the first book recommendations for my next book popped up. I immediately downloaded Water for Elephants then proceeded to put my kindle down (chores were going undone with all my reading). I couldn't wait to pick it up and start reading and I loved the fact that I didn't have to go buy a new book or go to the library or any of those other old ways of acquiring a book to read. No, I had a new book in my hand as quickly as I finished reading the first. What a concept! It's incredibly light and I can hold Little C and still turn pages- I like. 

I'm now finished with Water for Elephants and moving right along in my challenge. I'm also  making progress with #1 of my 101 in 1,001 list.

Wish me luck! 
I'm jetting off on a fun girls weekend with another book downloaded!



Edited to add: I found the above link up party about reading! Great way to find new books that my kindle doesn't already recommend. If you're stopping over from Heather and Megan's Book Club take a moment to look around and leave a comment- they make me smile!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just saw that you linked up last week!! Thanks for joining in!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved