Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Today is a day we pay tribute to and thank all those who serve or who have served for us. I feel honored to be born into a country where men and women sign up every day to represent our country and stand up for everything we value as citizens.

Today I participated in the Laguna Hills Saddleback Memorial 5K.
Running a 5k is something I have wanted to do for a long time now, but never felt like I could. I was nervous and never quite felt brave enough. Today I did it. I first mentioned to all my readers here. I also talked about how Nurse SC and I were beginning a training program for a 5K. I will be giving an update and review about the training program in the next two weeks. 



Back to the 5K.
I ran it, well jogged some. I cannot tell you how it felt to complete this. It was absolutely amazing to participate in this event. It as an amazing accomplishment for myself to make the goal, train for the goal, then complete the goal. I felt so great (besides being slightly tired and sore) to be out there running. I woke up at 5:30 am, arrived at the 5K around 6:20 am, and the race started at 7:00 am. The best part was I ran it with Nurse SC and Outdoorsy Sister





Me and Nurse SC 
Our first 5K 

Outdoorsy Sister, me, Nurse SC
 Outdoorsy Sister also worked on the C25K training program for the past two months! This is her second 5K!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good for you for doing the 5k!! You ROCK!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved