Sunday, May 15, 2011

Couch 2 5K (C25K)

C25K is a training program to help you go from no experience running to running a 5K (3.1 miles). That may sound easy or difficult to you depending on your experiences.
Personally, I like to jog every now and then, but
I don't go fast and 
I certainly don't go far.
 
I first talked about  my running experinces here. I'm running with Nurse SC and it is great having a running partner. We started the nine week program six weeks ago! We've come a long way and made it over the first real test. Week 5, Day 3 has you jog for 20 minutes straight. Up until that point it was all interval training, this was definitely different. We did it though and I am so proud of myself and Nurse SC. Even bettter, I have signed up for my first 5K. This getting me closer to my goal of actually acheving another goal off my 101 in 1,001 list. Look for more updates as my first 5K appraoches on Mmemorial Day! I will also be running with Nurse SC and Sister Outdoorsy.

No comments:

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved