Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

It's been one crazy week! My sister flew in last Monday, a good friend is having her wedding this Saturday (having fun with last minute wedding details), and I ran my first 5K two days ago on Memorial Day. My sister helped me to snap two pictures this week for all of my devoted readers. 

I drooled over some Stella & Dot jewelry wondering if I'll ever get the hang of "accessorizing" my outfits. Good news for all my readers that follow my What I wore Wednesday posts...I tried something new. 

Inspired by Momma Go Round (who I'm linking up with this week-see button) I wore a waist belt. 
??Is that what they're called?? 
I'm totally new at this. But, I really liked it. Tell me what you think! It was fun to wear a dress again, it's been awhile.

Sweater: no label (via goodwill)
Skirt: Coldwater Creek (worn here as dress, via goodwill)
Belt: Forever 21 (new shopper there, thanks wwiw!)
Necklace: Kohl's on sale

Shoes: Brown bow wedges from Target


Read all about my running adventures and first 5K here!
me, Little C, and Techie Husband
My boys at the finish line to cheer me on! 
Shirt: event shirt
Pants: cropped Nike running pants

I'm linking up with these awesome parties this week! Go check out some other fabulous styles. 
Thanks for visiting!
pleated poppy       Momma Go Round 

17 comments:

Meagan at Fairly Fabulous Blog dot com said...

What a great look! OK- so you wore that skirt as a dress? It TOTALLY looks like a dress. IS it just a long elastic waist skirt? Love, love, loving it with a belt. I'm going to try this. Brilliant!

Leslie said...

That skirt makes an amazing dress! I love it!! Congrats on your first 5k I just ran my first on last Thanksgiving. I am trying to get back into running but weather has not been on my side (need good weather cause I have to push a jogging stroller)

P.s. love the bow on your shoes!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

You look AWESOME!!!! I FINALLY bought some belts to try this look... but now I need to find shirts that I can pull off with it ;) Congrats on your 5k!! You are awesome!

www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

Love the dress outfit! My friend has those same brown wedges & I always love them when she wears them!

DaenelT said...

Love Love Love the outfit! And yay for your first 5K. So proud of you.

Mandy said...

Love the wedges!

Jessi said...

So so cute! Love that skirt/dress. Isn't it awesome to find something thrifted and turn it into something else? And so glad you found F21.. I've been shopping there since high school and I don't think I'll ever stop!!

Jodi said...

Go you! LOVE the belt, and you turned a skirt into a dress? Awesome. Love the blue necklace with the yellow cardy too, nice color combo :)

Christine - Tutorial Addict lol said...

DRESS AS A SKIRT?! YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND ... and increased my wardrobe! I have a few I think I could totally do that with! And the belt looks awesome :)

DeeAnna said...

Love that you created a dress from a skirt...from my favorite store! Gooooo Goodwill! (the pic of your baby kills me every time!)

Monica Whitney said...

Love this dress! And the belt! And I'm lovin' your blog, just found it linked on Pleated Poppy! Now following!

Hope you'll follow back!

Ask the Duplex

wildruffle.com said...

I have the same Target shoes! I've worn the heck out of them.:)

Barbara said...

You look great! I love that you wore a skirt as a dress!

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

I love the waist belt, you pulled in off beautifully!! And CONGRATS on running your first 5K, that is awesome. Thanks so much for your nice comments on our blog!
jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Megan said...

I'm loving your outfit!! The skirt makes a wonderful dress and the belt gives it a great shape! You look fabulous!

Megan said...

Awww, you are adorable! I love the belt with the skirt/dress...it looks amazing! Congrats on your run!

Casey said...

I know I'm so late, but you look SO amazing in that dress with the belt!! It looks GREAT on you!!!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved