Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Lion King

{ I love the opening scene }
The Disney Vault, where all the classic Disney films are stored away until their limited release. The latest film to enter the vault is The Lion King which made its debut seventeen years ago. Yes, that's one seven! It's crazy to think that entire generation that was born for this film's original release is now being granted entry to rated R films. It amazes me how much time as gone by. 

From the Disney Vault The Lion King is now gracing shelves everywhere, but only for a limited time. I love the idea of spaced releases because it brings the films to new generations. Last night, Hockey Husband picked up The Lion King on his way home. We immediately popped in the blu-ray. Oh yeah, did I mention the latest release is Blu Ray! The imagery is stunning and I love the soundtrack. We were excited to watch a film we remember, but also to watch it through new eyes. 


The film did not disappoint. Absolutely amazing and Hockey Husband says his message boards are a buzz at how great the Blu Ray edition is. I recommend going to your local shop and picking one up! Also, since I love my readers so much if you didn't already know...
Subway is offering $5 off the film. Just follow that link for details or go to your local Subway for a yummy meal and a coupon. 

If you don't want to drive or just live far from any store. You could also go through one of my favorites: Amazon.

 

2 comments:

Patience said...

Oh my gosh I have been having a hankering for Disney movies. I wish they would come out of the vault more often :( But it does add the special allure :)

Patience said...

Oh my gosh I have been having a hankering for Disney movies. I wish they would come out of the vault more often :( But it does add the special allure :)

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved