Thursday, November 24, 2011

I’m THANKful For Thanksgiving!

don't you just love our beautiful table?

Manic Mother



Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!

This year I give thanks for my husband and son, our extended families combined that raised us to be the people we are, our home, good food and a wonderful harvest, all my friends that are dear to my heart. 

From the 1600s to now celebrating a harvest of amazing food is a day I love to rally around. 
our place setting
the turkey getting basted! Yum!
Its Ok Thursdays

It's okay that... sometimes holidays can be stressful when you have to travel between houses and leave early or arrive late. I don't do that, it's not really by choice, our two families live 1500 miles apart. Sometimes I am really grateful that we can just celebrate at one house and enjoy the whole day, but the down side is you don't see an entire side of the family for a holiday and that can be hard. Usually that's only a fleeting thought and I really enjoy the company that is present.  

time for pie baking! 


My favorite part of Thanksgiving, the annual Monopoly Marathon.
With root beer floats and pie all night, of course!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of monopoly, root beer floats and pie!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved