Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Annual Ladies Tea



Every year, MIL Loves-to-cook hosts a Ladies Tea. They are so much fun! It's a chance for all the women to get together. I've only made it to the four past years and have enjoyed each year! 

This year I was really excited at the opportunity to wear a skirt and heels! This mama doesn't get the chance to do that too much with an adorable, crazy, active, and sticky toddler running around. You'll see in the picture it's a pretty casual event, but like I said any opportunity to wear heels I'm in!
*disclaimer*
I'm a sneaker and flip-flop gal 98% of the time

My awkward individual pose
Gold Blouse: The Loft {green ribbon used as belt}
Black Skirt: really old, thinking Loft also
Nude Heels: Charles by Charles David
*I'm in love with these shoes*

Other pictures from the fabulous Ladies Tea

2008 group shot
*I'm taking the picture*
                                     

2011 group shot

You can see the group has really grown! What started out has something small for MIL Loves-to-cook to get to know her husband's family has grown. The event is a more the merrier type of deal. Friends, new family members, friends and family of new family members all come!
I'm a new family member. These teas have been going on for eleven years.

This year's tea was at an amazing restaurant where we had our very own private room.

2008 Family Line Picture
Grandma Owl, me, Aunt Animal Prints, MIL/Grandma Loves-to-cook, SIL/Auntie Nicknames, & Niece/Cousin Ballerina
2011 Family Line Picture
Nurse SC, Aunt Animal Prints, Nurse SC's gardening mom, Grandma Owl, me, MIL loves-to-cook, SIL Nicknames

Sharing my version of style with these two lovely bloggers!
pleated poppyMomma Go Round

8 comments:

marissa said...

I love your blouse, it looks so good belted! I'd love you to add this to my What we Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Sara said...

Love your outfit! New follower & thanks for the follow! Check out my blog on Saturday for an award!

Shannon Olson said...

I love your outfit, very classy looking!
I also wanted to share that I am doing a giveaway
over on my blog , hope you join in =)
http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-memories-giveaway.html

Barbara said...

You look great in that outfit. What a cute family tradition.

Casey said...

You looked beautiful :)

Jodi said...

What a fun event and you looked gorgeous for it - I'd be in love with those heels too!!

Sara @ Seeing Purple Stars said...

looks like fun! great outfit! love the heels! :)

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

The Ladies Tea sounds so fun!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved