Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Love Story: first date

I think it's time I recount our love story. The story of how we met, the story that brought this blog, Heartfelt Happenings, here today.
Let me back up though...
I was inspired to tell this story because of one question:

This is the first blog proposition in the Fabulous Valentine's Blog Challenge with Casey, Amber, and Neely.
With Valentine's Day on the horizon these amazing three bloggers are hosting a pretty fun challenge with lots of blog ideas. 

Right away, I knew I wanted to do this and I started thinking of all the dates I've had.
All the best dates and the ones I loved have been with my Hockey Husband.

But, which one do I pick... the hockey games, Seaworld, Disneyland, the day we flew to San Fransisco, birthday or anniversary dinners.
And, then I knew.
The first date.
The date that changed everything.
The date that will always be the best date ever

And that question spurned into me starting our love story. It starts with a date that wasn't just any date.
It was a first date.

It was a blind date.
It was a double date.
{but, not the double date you're thinking. no it was a two dates in one night kind of date.}


Hockey Husband and I were set up by a mutual friend. Each of was asked if we wanted to meet and we both said yes. Before the actual date we chatted via AIM
{remember those days}

We decided to meet on campus that night. We didn't want to wait until the "setup date" 
It was set, 7 pm in front of the library.
Then, it happened I saw this tall guy in a hoodie and was drawn to him.
We were both a little shy and a little awkward.
We exchanged names in person, said hello and then started talking. 

He asked if I wanted to go to a little coffee shop downtown he knew I liked.
I said, I would love to.
And off we went for part one of our double date night
and the last first date either of us would ever have. 

I don't want to make this post any longer than I have. Tomorrow I'll tell the whole story, promise.
until next time...




Valentine’s Day Challenge


Miscellany Monday @
lowercase lettersMingle 240

5 comments:

SimplyTatumAdelaid said...

What a beautiful story! And you've left me in suspense. I can't wait to read the rest. We are so happy to have you and your lovely family in our lives!!

Jessah said...

Fun story! A and I met on a blind date too. So glad because I wouldv'e never chose him for myself and he's perfect for me.

Casey said...

I am so excited to hear the entirety of this story! I've never really heard your guys' entire love story!

Thanks for linking up with us!

Monica said...

Thats a great story :)

Barbara said...

What a sweet story. :)

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved