Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recipe Thursday: Dutch Baby

The Dutch Baby is really easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and is delicious. That's why it's one of my go to weekend breakfast dishes!

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
2 3/8 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 1/2 cup
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
The Process:
Step One: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. I begin by taking my eggs out and pouring milk into a measuring cup then return shortly usually after making myself a cup of coffee. 

Step Two: I use a glass ramekin to put the butter into then put in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Then, place 2 tablespoons of the butter into a 10-inch cast iron skillet and place in the oven.

Step Three: Set the remaining tablespoon of melted butter aside to cool slightly. Wait 10 minutes before assembling the other ingredients. Place the flour, vanilla sugar, salt, milk, eggs and remaining tablespoon of melted butter into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. I use my blender.


Step Four: Carefully pour the batter into the preheated skillet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges are puffed and brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges or jam. I use blackberry jam, yum!


This is an Alton Brown recipe, like so many I'll blog or tweet about. I am a huge Good Eats fan- you should check it out!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Yum! You can never go wrong with an Alton recipe!

SimplyTatumAdelaid said...

YUM!!

Casey said...

LOVE Dutch babies - we learned how to make them in Home Ec in jr high!!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved