Monday, February 11, 2013

My first plane ride

I'm adding another installment to our story today. The story of me and Hockey Husband and how he became my husband and this blog came about. 


I'm sharing my story with Megan from Here's to You Mrs. Robinson. I never realized there was week dedicated to marriage until reading up on one of Megan's posts. February 7th - February 14th every year is a collaborative effort to work on marriage. Sounds great to me! 

For more on "Our Story" you can click on the header for all the posts. Last week, I left off wrapping up the beginning of our dating story. Today I thought I would remember two trips early in our relationship. 

I'll start with Laughlin- the less crazy trip, but worth a mention. After about six months of dating my family invited TEG {the boyfriend} on a trip to Laughlin for the PBR.
My family totally country.
Hockey Husband not so much. 
It was an awesome trip and a fun way to give the boyfriend at the time to get to know the whole family. 
I had actually completely forgot about this trip until looking our little memory box that I mentioned in my last post. Also, in the box? Trinkets, stickers, bus pass, and plane ticket all from our San Fransisco trip.

My Tall Economics Boyfriend at the time had to go to San Fransisco to pick up a car.
And, he decided he wanted company.
This was a fun and totally bizarre request and I knew I was in love with this guy.
TEG/TEB/HH: "So, want to fly with me to SF and drive a car back next week?"
Me: "What?" "Um, sure"
{I already turned down his request to fly to Hawaii for a wedding the previous month.}
{He was all about big romantic gestures}
{Yes, I was still just 19!}

There you have it he bought our plane tickets and I was going to SF.
It was my first time EVER on a plane.
It was my first time on a public bus.
First time on a trolley.
I coined the day, "Public Transportation Day"

He took me to Fisherman's Wharf to the see the sights and Pier 39. We had a bowl of clam chowder.
{and, I think about this every time we visit CA Adventure on their imitation pier}
We visited Ghiradelli Chocolates and one of the biggest and best sundaes.
The whole day morning was an unforgettable experience.
Then, we were in the car we picked up for our nine hour roadtrip back to OC.
Our first roadtrip.

It was a day filled with memories and possibly the day we chose our future kid's names.
Because, yeah we did that like really early in the relationship.
About four years later he would propose, but two years before that we would break up and I would move away.
Stick around for another chapter in this perfectly imperfect love story that's ours.



5 comments:

Noel Marie said...

I'll totally be following in your "trip down memory love lane" next week when I celebrate my own anniversary!! Love it!

Casey said...

Aw I love the end "the perfectly imperfect love story that's ours" so sweet

Diana Chastain said...

Thank you for dropping by Thumping Thursdays Blig Hop.

Now following via GFC.

Can't wait to see you again next hop! :)

Happy Marriage Week!
Diana from 'Nanny To Mommy'
http://www.nannytomommy.com

Jayme and Mendi said...

Some fabulous FIRSTS!! Thanks for sharing!! We love stories like these.

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Megan said...

I LOVE those fun memories in the dating relationship. and I love that you kept a memory box. (mine is mixed with lots of different things... I should organize it) We went to SF when we were dating too and I feel like that's where I feel in love with my now husband. So hearing this story just made me have a big smile on my face thinking that you guys did all the same things. Loved this so much!! :)

Thank you so much for linking up with Marriage Week!! I really appreciate it!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved