Thursday, February 7, 2013

Recipe Thursday: Valentine Dessert

With Valentine's Day coming up I thought I would share my favorite romantic dessert.
I love making this for Hockey Husband and when we stay in on Valentine's Day this is what I make.
Yield: 6 mini desserts
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
2 tablespoons whipping cream
3/4 butter
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
1/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions: 
One:
In small heavy saucepan combine 3/4 cup of chocolate pieces and whipping cream. (filling) Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Cool, stirring occasionally. Cover, chill about 45 minutes until firm. {I put mine in the freezer for about an hour}
Two:
Meanwhile, in a medium heavy saucepan cook and stir remaining 1 cup of chocolate pieces and butter over low heat until melted. Remove from heat; cool. 
Three:
Form filling into 6 equal size balls; set aside. Lightly grease and flour 3/4 cup souffle dishes or 6 ounce custard cups. Place dishes in a 15x10x1 baking pan. Set aside. 
Four: 
In a mixing bowl beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla until lemon colored. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Sift flour and cocoa powder over mixture; beat on low until just combined. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into dishes. Place 1 ball of filling into each dish. Spoon remaining batter into dishes. 
Five:
Bake in 400* oven about 13 minutes or until cake feels firm at edges. Cool in dishes for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from sides of dishes. Invert onto dessert plates. Garnish how you wish!


I mentioned earlier this week about meeting Hockey Husband's family for the first time. My first visit was a dinner at the Chart House. Hockey Husband and I returned on our four year dating anniversary. This recipe is the best replica I have found of their specialty dessert! It is from the Better Homes and Garden Newlywed cookbook. I encourage you to play around with the ingredients to try new things! 

SIGNATURE DESSERT
Hot Chocolate Lava Cake
A rich chocolate cake with molten center, made with Godiva® liqueur.
Served warm, topped with chocolate sauce, Heath® bar crunch and vanilla ice cream.
{from Chart House website}

I'm sharing this yummy goodness with the following blogs:
  Coping with Frugality
Confessions of an Overworked Mom 
Our Fifth House
Thirty Handmade Days
Allinsons
Something Swanky



3 comments:

Shelley said...

I want this!!

Jayme and Mendi said...

This looks so yummy!! Thanks so much for sharing! I feel like I've been craving sweets! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Priya Elias said...

Sounds great! I prbbly can drizzle some leftover strawberry sauce as well on top!

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved